I don’t know how to romanize Korean Letters or spell the word romanize.
This week was wonderful. It’s all I can say.
Monday: A reunion of all the sisters and elders who I came with and everyone I am leaving with. Except a few people! It was pretty fun!
Tuesday: I think this is the day we visited A member who Is moving to texas next month. They are an American military family. And since she’s moving she gave us all the food and things she’s pretty sure she can’t finish by then. Wow my comp is set for next transfer! Pretty sure we also met with a new investigator that day. Woot Woot!! She is pretty prepared and already knows a little about the Book of Mormon!
Tuesday (?): All I can remember is English class…Oh Yeah!! We met with a member who took us all to Ashley’s the kind of American buffet. Delicious as always! She is the best member in the world though. She was baptized with her family just a couple years ago and Now her son is on a mission!
Wednesday: We had My last district meeting! So fun! Because we have smart phones now we want to make sure we all follow the rules so we played blackboard golf where we had to watch out for the object (ponds?) in the maze like thing… so person at the board can’t see where they are drawing and team members have to tell them where to go (down, up right left…) Elder Landgraf put me with Elder lee because he’s a poo, but we ended up winning so it was great! If you hit or got into a pond you had to confess to your companion what you did (in the ponds was written things like “looked up old girlfriends Facebook page, email, texting during sacrament, mobile games, ect hahhaa) and if you got completely outside the box…. it was porn. This was actually so hilarious. I think on this day we went to another member meal with another one of the best members in the world! We all sang songs together after Eating spicy Dukbokki and then we all shared our testimonies as tradition in this house kkk!
Thursday: My memory is getting really bad!!! But today we probably met with another investigator! She was pretty great actually kind of scary! But I believe she will have receive a true belief in God after she prays!! Last Weekly Planning! 다 했다!!!
Friday: Wow it was a good day because it was Sister Davis’s Birthday!!! We celebrated by decorating her desk and surprising her with her mom’s mac and cheese that the DL (district leader) made. And with little party at church. She was so happy it was awesome!!!
Saturday: This was the day before Sunday! We taught English and had some snowy chicken for dinner! (I forgot my planner at home so I don’t remember much I’m sorry)
Sunday: This was yesterday, I remember yesterday! We got to church and Had my last missionary meeting with our ward mission leader, then we went up and said Hi to all the member walking into the Sacrament room (also goodbye :””() then I gave my farewell talk with Elder Lee and Elder Sayen because he’s transferring. Then We went to classes then after church there were three 8 year olds who got baptized and on Friday we got a call to sing a song in the baptism so we did that too haha! It was good! We got some talent in our district kkk! Then we ate some food and my comp had a small meeting for thanksgiving because well the sisters have the biggest oven so my companion gets to make the TURKEY for the thanksgiving dinner the foreign-ish people are having. That’s exciting! Hahaha! Then we said goodbye to more members, took some photos…. it was a really good Sunday… -Sigh*
All in all this was a really great 18 months. Thanks you to those who have read this email even though my weeks weren’t always miracle filled, my spelling wasn’t always great, I was sometimes REALLY detailed and sometimes there wasn’t much at all!
I loved this time I have had here in Korea! I feel like I blinked and here I am! I know the Lord alway will be there for us when we need Him, but even when we feel like we don’t, He is still waiting for us to come to him!
On my mission I think I have built a pretty good house. I have a foundation, some walls, some grass. Maybe a window. Now I can go on to the next part of my life and build the other parts that a house needs, some doors, a fireplace, put in some couches. All I can say Is I love this mission, I love this work, I love these people and I am so grateful for this time I have here to share this perfect gospel to the people in this country!
Whelp. Here I am.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving! And a wonderful week!
See you soon!!
그린우드 자매 선교사
한국 서울남 선교부
PS Next email: Kaitiegirl15@gmail.com
Can you believe it’s November 13th 2017?? There’s no better day like today!
Also, This week was great I will tell you about it.
1. On Monday we went and shopped around a bit and then went and relaxed doing the best thing you can do on Preparation day.
2. Tuesday we met with the best military family the Barnes. Sister Barnes is awesome. She talked to us then took us on base and showed us around and then we got some American pizza… :)) We had an appointment with another member right after but it ended up canceling. Sister Barnes was going to give us the rest of the pizza but keep it for us while we were at the next appointment and we would grab it on our way home, but since it canceled we ran back before she got up the elevator and we went with her to her apartment again and talked a little while longer then shared another message… Actually I was so grateful for Sister Barnes because that morning I was feeling a little sad and couldn’t focus too well. but Sister Barnes shared her experience with us when she came home from her mission and ect… and someone said to her because you served a mission Heavenly Father will never let you make the wrong choice and will always help you. (something like that) but it helped me feel so comforted. I am so blessed to have wonderful people in this ward. So much warm feelings in my hart I wish I could put into words how grateful I feel.
3. Wednesday. Well our potential investigator did not show up.. maybe it was our fault, we had no way to contact her other than email. But it ended up working out. We Went upstairs at AK plaza a shopping mall and made some calls. Then we did sticker boarding with the Elders and had English class!!
4. Thursday was a great day but I was a little nervous because I gave a ((farewell)) talk at zone conference. Yeah it was really hard to stay calm during my testimony. We learned so much. So many things I will take with me from this conference. The zone leaders made a hilarious video about a pre mission elder compared to a “set apart from the world” elder compared to an elder who is not set apart from the world and wow it was HILARIOUS! I wish you could have all been there to watch it. I also got a blessing from President on this day. It was so worth it. I hope I can always remember this blessing. My comp and I are both really really happy together and having the best time ever! But the blessing helped me to come to terms and be glad (just a tiny bit) about being… halfway done with this wonderful adventure. (PS I have the best mission president in the world)
5. Friday We met with a potential investigator and she is in high school and the cutest thing ever! So glaaad we get to meet with her!!
6. Saturday we did lots of proselyting. We also taught English class and a recent convert came and joined us in the beginning class so afterwords we talked with her for a while and she had her guitar, she’s a singer here in Korea, and she showed us her music and took out her guitar so I could play it haha! She is super kind. Then we went out with the Elders and did some sticker boarding and then my comp and I got Shake shack… oh it was so good. We are out of money.
7. SUNDAY The best day. I love Sunday because I love this ward and I love everything that happens on Sunday. Last week our investigator came to church but yesterday she couldn’t make it, but we have an appointment later this week! Funny story. So as missionaries we can’t hold kids. It’s in the white handbook. But there was a couple from the US visiting their family and they have a new baby. The cutest thing ever. But we were admiring this baby and then the grandpa came and sat down next to me with him. And next thing I know I have a baby in my arms! I looked over and my companion freaking out a little not even knowing how that happened! Then the baby did something weird and the grandpa realized I was pretty awkward and took the baby and walked out the room hahaha! Then after church our old ward missionary was holding the baby and we were going to walk around him but he loves missionaries and shoved the baby in my hands again, but this time we were like “were not allowed!!” and he didn’t believe us and said S greenwood already did so it’s fine! haha it was hilarious because this man was chasing us around with this baby and saying he’s going to drop it just so we would hold this baby! I don’t know how this baby wasn’t crying hahaha!! anyways in the long run we showed him the white handbook and it says children not babies so he doesn’t believe us hahaha! all in all we are apostate and so is brother park. kkkk
8. Today is Monday. PS, we have 3 new investigators!! WQOoooooo!!! and we saw a miracle last night as well while making calls to less actives. We called one man and asked him about his wife and he gave us her contact information and said we could ask her if we can come teach english but it might not work because she hates church. But we called and We are going to meet her!!! SO EXCITEDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!E!@#$#@$%$^ yes. that’s how I feel.
I love missionary work. and I love that I can do missionary work in the best mission in the world!! I love the Korea Seoul South Mission and everyone and everything (almost everything) inside it.
Thank you, lets do this one more time.
See you next week!
1. Monday– We got smart phones! OH my I forgot how easy life could be!
3. Wednesday we went to the Temple!! Yes yes yes! Afterwords we took photos with everyone and went to Gangnam with my district and ended up just following Elder Lee to the k- pop star road, and took pictures with some weird mice. Then we taught English class, but only one of our three (kids) students came to class in the beginning class. So, we just taught her the paper, and then played games. She and the Korean Elder had a speed spelling test, and she beat him every time. It was hilarious!
4. Thursday we had district meeting and went sticker boarding with a sister who is leaving on her mission to Canada tomorrow! It was great. We were able to talk to her about her worries of serving a mission and help her feel a little more confident! It was really fun!
5. Friday we had a zone proselyting activity in Singal, my old area. Lots of fun. We also got a call from a lady we contacted that week saying she was worried she was going to die so we offered to come over with the Elders to pray with her maybe. She Said yes, but we decided not to go until the next morning because it was already 8pm.
Whelp I’m about halfway done now. And the fall weather is FREEZING ME, OH MY. But, It’s my fault for under dressing.
This week every single appointment canceled but it’s almost November and then our investigators maybe will be able to meet with us again. Luckily we have about 20 people to contact from last week!! Yay!
This past week we had a fun p day. Actually I should not plan p days. We wanted to go to a botanical garden that we thought .. or i thought was at this university but turns out it’s like 40 minutes away from there. So we kept the faith and went out of our way to this garden, and we got there! But turns out it’s closed on Mondays…. So.. we waited 20 minutes for this bus to come back and took lots of photos to pass the time. Luckily we still had time when we got back home to get district bingsu. It’s okay because last p day was a little bit of a bust we are going to make it up by getting Smart Phones today and then go to the temple on WEDNESDAY! Which means today is not p day just email day.
Anyways, Tuesday was supposed to be crazy busy but the lady we planned on meeting told us she was too busy to meet us so! We rushed back home after getting lunch for service where we make paper bags with mentally disabled people. It was a great time! But here’s where the miracles fall in. On our way home we sat on the train and tried to talk to someone beside us but she didn’t really care but at the next stop 3 old men got on the train and sat on the other side so we said Hi when we met eyes and they said hi back and started speaking in English to us and asking about us. He is actually Korean but now lives in America with citizenship. Him and his friend both had interest in coming to our English class so we got his phone number! It was great! He messaged us again saying he wanted to meet again sometime! Maybe we can meet him with the Elders. This week we also prayed over the map on where to go again in the morning. We picked a subway station to go to and went. So we got there and went out one side and realized we went out the wrong exit because the shops and people were on the other side and the construction and one bus stop was on this side. So we walked to the cross walk but on our way there we said hi to a man and he stopped and immediately reached into his wallet to pull out his business card and said He was busy now but wants to meet later so he gave it to us and left and now we have an appointment tomorrow morning with him and the Elders. That day we had a competition with the Elders that we ran into on the bus that morning haha! We decided to see who could get the most points while talking to people. Just something we made up. luckily they gave up but we won especially after Sticker boarding that night! Where we actually met a lot of people who had interest in learning about the gospel and or English!
This week we also had District meeting in a tent in the nursery room and interviews on Friday! I got kind of teary eyed talking about the fact that I’m almost “halfway”. into being done… but that’s okay. I still have half way to go right? He asked all the missionaries to read Alma 35:15 (?) about Obedience and how OUR missionary hearts were with the rules and what things we should change to soften our hearts. So what rules or commandments have we hardened our hearts to? I’m gonna be honest living every mission rule is not always easy. Sometimes even the 30 minutes of study on p day is hard. And it’s ONLY 30 Minutes! But If I choose to take that study time seriously and really read and study how greatly can I be blessed?
Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
Hello everyone! I hope you have had a great week. This week will be short.
1. I still love Bundang. The members are still great. We had a ward activity this past Saturday and did some fun stuff at a cool park and there was a cool museum with some pretty ancient stuff. The babies in this ward area also way cute. One of them saw a Buddha statue in the museum and it was making one of those hands and it looked like an “Okay” sign. So this 3 year old looks up and goes “Okay!” super cute!!
2. We met some cool people on the streets this week and have two appointments this week! So excited!! One of them took us to her company and told us to come back on Tuesday! We also met with Clara the amazing pianist. We have a return appointment but not for two weeks.
3. (not important) The elder’s in my district are amazing and I finally have a son! (missionary stuff) but it’s great i love my district.
4. It’s fall the weather is beautiful and the leaves are pretty!
5. we visited a less active military family this past week. Just the wife and her two daughters were home going to bed, but she was super kind and we got to talk and get to know her and share a message! it was swell. then she gave us BUTTER!! Because she feels sad that missionaries don’t get butter here in Korea…… I don’t think you know how good butter is…
6. I still love my companion and I still love Korea and I don’t ever want to leave!
7. Hard things? There are always hard things in missionary work, but not just missionary work, life. But you know what? That is why we have the atonement. Now I don’t fully understand the atonement. But I know that through the atonement, not only can we be made clean, we can receive, strength, comfort, feelings of love and change in our hearts. Can you believe Christ loved us so much that he would suffer that for us? So we don’t have to? We don’t have to feel bad feelings of regret or weakness. As long as we are humbled and ask for help we can receive it.
8. This week was pretty great. I hope you have a happy Halloween! And I hope the leaves start changing in Michigan! Because they are here and it’s BEAUTIFUL!
Sick sick sick
Hello Everyone! This week was transfer week!! Busy week! Sister Earnshaw left me on Wednesday to go to Nolyangin and be a sister training leader. I brought back the wonderful Sister Davis to Bundang and we have been having a great time ever since. My new district consists of three new members. And it’s been FANTASTIC. My poor companion got a cold though but it didn’t keep us from reaching our goals!
This week before transfers we met both of our investigators and had dinner with both of them on the same day. Actually it wasn’t that bad, or expected, but we lucked out with small meals haha! One of our investigators had watched General conference and said that she learned why we don’t drink coffee (it wasn’t even talked about!) and she has much more of a desire to quit! Wow we were super happy after that!!
This week on Thursday we went to a military families house but when we got to the area they live it it was SO LOUD because there is air shows all month long from the Korean air force. It was SUPER COOL and noisy. They were in such unity. All 8 of them. It was awesome to watch as we walked up to their house. Actually it reminded me of how my mission has been focusing on being unified as companionship, districts, zones, and a mission. All the planes listen and obey directions and if they do it right, it becomes a beautiful, unified airshow, and when people look up at it they gaze in awe! Just like we as a mission, as a church focus on Christ and obey His commandments, people will look and see Christs light in us.
We also met with another member this week who brought a friend to lunch which made us a little late to our district meeting but it was still super worth it! We had an awesome message we go to share with her and her friend. In district meeting since we have an awesome district leader we did this fun get to know you activity where we whore things about ourselves of different pieces of paper then we had to guess who was who on the papers. It was actually hilarious! I am super happy with my little district of 6 this transfer :’)
On Sunday we sang a primary song in Church with a member and the Elders and my Companion, Sister Davis who has an amazing voice! We also stayed after for Choir practice and got to talk to and meet some of the young women in the ward, one of which is going to BYU Idaho the same time as me! She is super cute!! Later we met them that day when we went sticker boarding outside the station and her and the other sister brought us and the elders some snacks, such cutie patooties!!
So we only have two investigators, which is kind of sad! We are working towards two a week! But yesterday night we went out to sticker board and it was a blast! We asked English questions to get people’s interest about English and my companion and I together got 6 phone numbers! And even one gospel potential! We are super excited to contact!
I hope you have an awesome week and I can’t wait to see you all some day soon!!